June 26, 2013

Favorite Finds: J.Crew No-show Loafer Sock


So a little while back I answered a question about wearing boat shoes with socks. Now that summer has hit (hard), bare ankles are both more comfortable and more appropriate but I just can’t do the whole ‘no socks’ thing, which is why I wear no-show socks.


It is really easy to find no-shows for sneaker or dress shoes, but the options are severely limited when it comes to boat shoes and loafers because more of your foot is exposed. I have always settled for pairs that are made of a stocking-like material that can barely be called a sock, until I stumbled across these amazing No-Show Loafer Socks by J.Crew.


What I love about these is that they feel like a sock, which not only means better sweat and odor protection for your shoes, but also more cushioning for your feet. You get the best of both worlds – the comfort of a sock with the bare ankle look.  They run a little big (I wear a US9/EU43 and they just barely fit me), so if you have a small foot, these might not be the socks for you.


The colored pairs are available in stores (at least all of the ones I visited in NYC), but there are solid two-packs available both in store and online.  The single pairs come in dark gray/turquoise, light gray/orange, and medium gray/green with turquoise stripes and are $10. The two-packs are $16.50 and are available in black, heathered graphite, and white. They are a cotton/nylon blend with a rubbered pad inside the heel to help keep them in place.


After trying out the turquoise ones to make sure I liked them, I went back and bought more. You may wonder why I would pay what amounts to $1.75 extra per pair for the colored ones when, by design, they will never be seen. The answer is simple, they’re fun and there is just something about putting on colorful socks in the morning, even if no one else gets to see them.

Stay stylish,
- JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment