May 16, 2012

Reader Question: Missing Posts


Hi,

I regularly read your blog, but I have noticed that there haven’t been any new posts in the last couple weeks. Are you still going to be working on the site?

Richard

--

Hi Richard,

As you’ve noticed, at this point, it’s been almost a month since the last post and I wanted to post your question to explain that gap a little because I received quite a few similar ones and so I felt an little explanation was needed. I am absolutely still working on the site and it is something that I hope to do for a long time, my schedule just finally got the better of me.

My three biggest passions are fashion, music, and theatre, and before I started working in fashion, I spent years working in the theatre industry. Despite having moved from freelancing in theatre to personal shopping and styling, I am still very much involved in a production and design capacity with a fantastic theatre company that I was fortunate enough to join a few years back, EBE Ensemble (you should check them out).

The lack of posts was due to EBE Ensemble’s most recent production and an unfortunately timed combination of a minor injury, bad weather, hectic days at work, and some bad scheduling that prevented me from backlogging enough material to cover the run of the show. All told, it was a great learning experience for me so that I can be better prepared in the future to balance all of the projects I have going on and, while there will undoubtedly be bumps along the way, I hope to maintain a relatively consistent schedule of new posts for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for reading!

Stay stylish,

- JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment